Sunday, October 09, 2005

New Teacher.

A few weeks ago, when I sat talking over burritos with my school's principal about the possibility of our getting a second seventh-grade English teacher, I must confess that it seemed like a pipe dream at best, a delusional fantasy at worst. More money? For another teacher? Yeah, right, like that would ever happen.

When she materialized the Friday before last, and turned out to be a wonderful human being sitting in Principal _'s Office, I was delighted. She came in that following Friday to introduce herself to the classes, and we came in over the weekend to set up our new rooms. (Part of the deal would be that I would move my classroom out of cushy 200 to slightly less-cushy and somewhat natty and previously unoccupied 215 so that I could be right next door to her classroom (the also previously unoccupied 214).

Unfortunately, it was decided that it was too early to decide which way to split the classes, a fact of which I was only informed AFTER having moved the vast majority of my things out of large, roomy, and already set-up Rm. 200. Good old Room 200 - though it was a bit long, and the two-door thing drove me up the wall, I miss it already. At the very least, it had a snazzy paint job.

Let's see what this week brings, as I'm sure the students will be very upset and up at arms about the changes in rooms and teachers that are coming their way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home